d.b.d.ray

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Babes & Books x Giles' Baby Shower

The book club girls caught up again yesterday for a combined book club and baby shower for Giles' impending bubba.

The book this time was a pick by Mars: "Silent in the Grave" by Deanna Raybourn.

Of course, there was some highly intellectual discussion about our favourite bits of the book: Soph and I shared our favourite bits of the book - see pages 373 and 224 respectively - definitely worth a read!

The book was great for one liners and it also had the best opening lines of any book I think I've ever read: "To say that I met Nicholas Brisbane over my husband's dead body is not entirely accurate. Edward, it should be noted, was still twitching upon the floor." : P

The baby shower bit was great too - we did our standard baby shower things: guess the girth (which I did atrociously at - sorry Giles); baby trivia  and matching baby photos with grown up book clubbers! Giles scored some wonderfully funky baby gear (red stripes is obviously very in for the junior crowed - Giles junior is guaranteed to be a very hip baby!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home