d.b.d.ray

Sunday, December 31, 2006

A new play thing

I finally got around to buying a brand new laptop to replace my poor (and very beat) up laptop. In its defence, my old IBM has served me very well - I originally got it back when i started law school (ie 2001-ish), so the poor things been around for a while. Plus, I probably wasnt the most attentive owner ...

I made the most of the end of year sales and have now moved up to a swanky looking Compaq V3142. Alhtough I'm loving the speed at which this thing operates (my old IBM processed at a snail's pace), thre are a couple of things that are really pissing me off about my new toy at the moment:
  • I have never been a mouse kinda person - Ive always used the little mouse button on my keyboard... however this computer only has one of those thumb pads whicih is sending me around the bend;
  • the location of the backspace and delete buttons are switched around; AND
  • the home, end and page up and page down are in totally different locations...
Thanks to the above, according to pb, Im looking like a bit of a nanna when Im typing away, desperately searching for the key I'm after!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home