d.b.d.ray

Sunday, August 05, 2007

3 day bday celebrations...

Well, despite the fact that I feel like I have been spending most of my waking hours working, I managed to stretch my bday celebrations over Friday, Saturday and Sunday - quite an impressive achievement.

Friday was drinks and pizza at Bligh after work. We also tested out the new dance floor that has been recently installed at the bar. Unfortunately, there were some incredibly bad dance moves (not ours) during the course of the evening.

Saturday involved more pizza at Il Goloso at Haberfield. We were meant to go to La Disfida, across the road from IG. LD however, does not take booking and assured me, when I called them, that I would have no problem getting 11 people in if I got there at 7. Unfortunately this is not the case. Anyway, after Lou and Parish very kindly checked out a couple of the other restaurants (while I was running late), we settled on Il Goloso. I had a really wonderful evening - hung out with a heap of friends, fab pizza, great looking (and tasting desserts).
A couple of people have strongly recommended La Disfida's pizzas, so I will definitely have to visit them at some stage.

And finally, Sunday was lunch at home with the folks. Mum made a wonderful prawn pasta and poached pears. And as usual, the birthday cake and cannoli came from Sulfaros : )