d.b.d.ray

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Neighhh!


A bunch of us donned frocks, fascinators and hats and got in touch with our inner princesses at Royal Randwick today .

We were in plebs today - wasn't too bad. We got a nice patch of lawn at the far right of the course and planted ourselves there for the majority of the day, only uprooting ourselves to (i) place a bet, (ii) re stock on the champers or (iii) check out the *ahem* form (its amazing how, as you move from one end of the track to the other in plebs, the sort of people you see changes!)

I just love the buzz at the races - the people watching, the horses, and just hanging out in the sun with a glass of champers. There were some amazing looking people out and about. There were also some very ugly shoes around too - even one of my guy friends noticed how some gals were having issues getting the whole shoe/dress co-ordination thing happening.

The AJC has put a Punting Guide for Princesses on its website. It's pretty good. I really should have had a read through it before I went today - I haven't been to the races in so long that I had to have the basics of a "place" bet explained to me by one of the TAB ladies - which was kind of embarrassing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home