d.b.d.ray

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Sugar hit!

Seeing as it was getting so close to the end of Good Food Month, and I still hadn't had a sugar hit, and as I hadn't yet taken mum for our annual sugar hit together, I decided I should take Mrs B for a nite on the town.

After consulting the GFM website and narrowing down our options to all the hotels with dessert sampling platters, we decided that to go to the Intercontinental.

The Intercon was serving a dessert plate by Karl Beil which had pistachio & praline pyramid with red currant Drambuie salad, Chestnut & sago cone with malibu couli, and Cherry cheesecake slice on Kirsch compote. The accompanying wine was Orange Muscat Aperitif.

My favourite was the sago cone; mum's was the pistachio and praline pyramid (which I found too rich and creamy). I'd actually never had sago before - its got quite a nice texture, with all the little beads of sago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home